Saturday 8 July 2017

End of an Era

Its a very quick post today, but one I felt I needed to do. Mr CD and I are going out this afternoon, with Saint Mum kindly offering to have the kids. Its been a standard frantic Saturday with me trying to catch up on a week of neglected housework. I decided that the tops needed clearing, especially the bottle making station we have. H is now only having one a day and not even from a bottle, so it was taking up space that I could really do with.

I was harsh, I was strict, and it all went in the bin and I didn't think anything more about it, until I went to put something else in the bin 10 minutes later.

There they were. The bottles we've had for nearly a year. The ones we struggled with, swore at and eventually got our heads round. And those teats which I swore at at least 3 times a day for leaking or spurting out of the valve and over the wall. The splatter patterns on some of our walls look like an episode of CSI.

It hit me that he doesn't need them any more. His palate is fixed, he can form a seal with his mouth and suck. My cleft baby is very much not a baby any more.

I took a bottle out of the bin, washed and sterilised it and put it at the back of the cupboard. One day I will find it and remember. One day I will show H. That day will come around very quickly, I know that now.

I'm not sure why I feel odd about it, but I do.

1 comment:

  1. Its truly a heartwarming story. And you have pointed out things very apparently. Keep sharing and have a blissful life.

    cleft palate and cleft lip causes

    Cleft lip surgery in India

    ReplyDelete